Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The facts of life!

One fact of life that I've learned in my 30+ years is that things that should be easy never are. Well almost never. Here's a great example. And perhaps this will be the last art show-off entry. Perhaps not. We'll see.

So I dreamed up this idea to do mobile's made from painted CDs because I've got stacks of these old CDs that you used to get in the mail with a free trial offer for dial-up internet service. Remember those. They were so annoying. And they weren't recyclable back then so I started collecting them, sure I'd use them somehow, someday. So my idea was to paint them and then hang them in mobiles. Well, it sounds easy anyway. But they came out so awesome. Check them out:

They hang in the hallway, just under the open rafters and skylights (I know, brilliant, right?).

Another shot of them, lit from the bottom and top. I LOVE how they came out!


One team chose "Disney Characters" as their theme. Each student on that team chose a specific story and then designed a CD for the hero, heroine, sidekick and villain. Here are their CDs up close!
Aladdin - by Crawl & Rhoda

Peter Pan - by Mary Anne

The Incredibles - by Marcus

The Lion King - by Dorthy


The other team chose "The Elements: Earth, Wind, Fire & Water" for their theme. They were able to be a little more abstract with their work.





No comments:

Post a Comment